Friday, April 4, 2014

Updates

Oh my, what a year this has been...and so few blog updates!  Well, let me try to catch up on some things...


In late November, I flew home to Michigan unexpectedly because my dad had emergency brain surgery.  He had some complications after, but is doing well now, praise the Lord!!!

 Here are the three of us at Christmas.



I came back to Bogotá for the last few weeks of first semester, then flew home again for the holidays.  On December 21st, during a crazy ice storm, Bryan Morrison asked me to be his wife!  (And I said yes!)

This was the next morning, by my folks' Christmas tree, where he hid the ring.  We're getting married in November!



Back to Bogotá in early January... Below are a few photos from this semester so far.  It's amazing to see my students learn and grow, and I continue to be challenged to rely on the Lord's wisdom, love, and strength in order to teach them well!





"Throwback Thursday" (dressed as ancient Romans) during Spirit Week... Celebrate Colombia day... and a writing celebration at the end of 3rd quarter!



Last month, I flew home unexpectedly (again) because my sweet Grandma, Ann, passed away.  I have hope that she is with the Lord, but it will be an ongoing process to mourn her absence from our lives.  I was very thankful that God opened the door for me to go home for a few days to be with family during that time.

Grandma with all her grandkids at Christmas.



And, just after I came back, my dear friend Joy came to visit Bogotá!  It was an awesome encouragement (and so much fun!) to show her around town and help her get a glimpse of my life here.

Exploring Zipaquirá.  Joy and I now have spent time together on FOUR CONTINENTS.  I am so thankful for this friend and the journeys the Lord has taken us on thus far!


Joy will actually be the next person to post here on the blog.  I've asked her to be a "guest blogger" and share a bit of what stood out from her experience here!  So watch out for that.  :)

Before I sign off on this post, I'd like to share some other important pieces of news.  After much prayer and discussion, Bryan and I have decided that we will spend our first year of marriage in East Lansing, where he plans to continue a ministry internship.  This means that I will be leaving Bogotá and ECA after this school year ends.  Though I am excited for what the next chapter of life will bring, I will be sad to leave my students, colleagues, friends, church, and the city that has been my home for the past 2 years.  Those of you who pray for me, please pray for the transition and the strength to finish and say goodbye well.

Lastly, next Thursday, April 10, I will be leaving with a team of ECA high schoolers and staff, plus a North American/Colombian medical brigade, to spend a week in the Amazon region of Colombia and Brazil.  We'll serve with a Colombian missionary family who work among the Tikuna tribe.  We'll come alongside our missionary friends by bringing medical care, teaching the Bible to children, and other outreaches.  Please pray for final preparations for the trip and God's will to be done!

Okay, I'll sign off here.  Again, watch for Joy's post, coming soon!

Bendiciones,

Kelli


No comments:

Post a Comment