Saturday, June 1, 2013

End-of-Year Whirlwind


It's really so hard to believe, but I am done with my first year of teaching.  Thursday was the kids' last day in the classroom, and today was the year-end celebration and awards ceremony with parents.  I don't know if this has hit me yet.  I want to reflect on and share in writing the things that the Lord has taught me this year, but honestly, I think I'm still reeling and need more time to process.  I have a feeling that some key themes will be His amazing grace and faithfulness, though, just as a preview.  Stay tuned.

For now, I'll let pictures tell most of the story.  Here are a whole bunch from various events these past couple of months.

Popsicles in Science Class! (April)
...making popsicles happens to be an AWESOME way to teach the states of matter!  And no jokes about my last name, please and thank you!  :)



Poetry Celebration (April)
 We worked on poems for all of Poetry Month.  My kids did a GREAT job with reciting their poems, and they looked so spiffy!  Also, the moms who helped with this event are fantastic!



 


 

 

Visit from Ministry Kids (May)
 ECA 2nd grade is paired up with the kids from a Christian school called Acoinprev.  We visited them in September, but they came to us this time!





Panaca Field Trip (May)
 Cool park north of the city...lots of animals and pretty scenery, some rain, but overall a fun trip!















Fun Day Trip (May)
Fun Day is an elementary tradition.  We went to Multiparque with the firsties.  Again with the rain...but oh well.  The kiddos did cool stuff like go-carts, bumper boats, putt-putt, and those bungy-trampoline jumping things.  (Thankful again for the fantastic moms...and trained park staff!)  Overall a fun way to celebrate the kids' hard work this year.










(Gotta love kid photography...and teachers who make students pull them on the cart things on the playground...?)
Year-End Celebration/Awards (Today--June 1st!) 
 The kids helped me make a video to share some of what they've learned this year, I and other teachers presented awards for character traits, outstanding effort and academic achievement.  And we prayed and thanked God for how He has gifted and worked in our class.  Afterwards, the parents took me out for lunch to say goodbye and have an early birthday celebration.  It was so nice and I'm so thankful for them!

 
 
  
 
 
 
  

  

Here's the birthday treat, silly kids whom I will miss, and one little sister (in the back) who is coming to my class next year!

Mixed in with all of this were also a Spelling Bee (made me so proud of my kids' progress this year) and several days of "normal" teaching!  Like I said, I'd like to share more reflections once they are formed.

Please pray for me as I wrap up organizational tasks and prepare to head home soon.  Pray for the kids as they transition to vacation, but hopefully also retain things they've learned this year in their hearts and minds.  Pray for ECA staff who are saying hard goodbyes and transitioning to life and ministry elsewhere.  And finally, please keep praying for the open positions we still have, including two administrative roles.

Gracias y bendiciones (thanks and blessings!),

Miss Sickles

No comments:

Post a Comment